Beautiful Noosa, Queensland
I can’t believe it took us this long to discover Noosa – what a gorgeous place! We recently visited this beautiful beach town located about an hour and half North of Brisbane and we loved it. Plan your trip there now – gorgeous!
The closest airport is the Sunshine Coast airport – which is about 30 minutes away. Since we were using points and there aren’t as many flights to Sunshine – we decided to fly into Brisbane Airport, rent a car and drive up. If you do decide to drive up from Brisbane – you can visit a few spots along the way that were recommended to us. We actually didn’t visit any of these (because we were severely hung over – oops!), but we absolutely meant to
- Steve Irwin’s Australia Zoo
- Ettamogah Pub – a kitschy eye sore that you won’t miss from the highway, but looked fun!
- The Big Pineapple – One of Australia’s famed “big things” turned into a market
Where to Stay:
We stayed at the Sheraton Noosa. Though it was pricey, it was in a perfect location and the hotel was awesome. Rooms were beautiful, great pool with a swim-up bar, close to everything and steps from the beach. We had some friends that were staying in a serviced apartment down the road that they liked so as long as you stay in that area – you should be good.
What to do:
There isn’t much honestly…which is exactly why we loved it. What we did in no particular order -
- Went to the beach several times a day
- Lay by the pool
- Went for morning hikes in the nearby national park to some of the secluded beaches (check out Tea Tree beach – adorbs!)
- Had dinner out every night (see where to eat below)
- Rented a boat for a few hours and coasted around the Noosa River to ogle the riverside mansions and hang out at the sand banks. I highly recommend doing this. I’m not 100% sure, but I think we rented from T-Boat Hire (no prior boat driving experience necessary. You could walk faster than these boats which is kinda why it’s fun).
- If you like to surf you should check out Sunshine Beach. Huge beach with great waves. Also has a dog-friendly portion of the beach if you’ve got your pup with you!
Where to Eat:
There aren’t that many restaurants, but there are a few standouts either for an amazing beachside location or that went beyond just being a great view and had some amazing food -
The Noosa Surf Club - Have lunch here because its location is absolutely perfect – right on the beach! Get a bucket of prawns and some oysters.
Bistro C - make a booking in advance to have dinner here. Food is lovely and also directly on the beach. Get the Seafood Pasta – amaze.
Sails Restaurant - This was…hands down…the best restaurant we went to during our time in Noosa and rivals even some of the best restaurants in Sydney. A must-try if you are in the area. The service is IMPECCABLE. Our server didn’t let us over order, attended to our every need and picked out an amazing wine for us. The ambiance is wonderful – right on the beach. See if they can seat you at one of the beachfront tables. Fabulous wine list and amazing food. Must try the Smoked Salmon Butter. Definitely make a booking.
Check out the restaurant at the Sheraton – Noosa Beach House Restaurant. The bar area is a beautiful place to have lunch – nice drinks and nibbles. Miss Moneypenny is a new place that recently opened. Has great potential – cute space, nice menu, perfect for people watching while having a drink, but the service was terribly slow. Perhaps needs a bit more time? We also heard that Embassy XO and Wasabi were nice restaurants, but didn’t get chance to visit.